Access. Equity. Inclusion.
- Observation of the student in his/her learning environment.
- Attendance at IEP team meetings, via telephone, via teleconference.
- Assistance with the development of data driven IEP goals.
- Review of draft documents and recommendations.
- Collaboration with school staff, service providers, and community agencies.
- Post-meeting debriefing with parents.
- Initial conversation with parents about their child’s needs.
- Follow- up conversations by telephone or videoconference.
- Support and guidance for parents in preparation for an upcoming meeting.
- Review of the child’s existing IEP Plans, including present levels, areas of need, goals & services.
- Analysis of the child’s current program, including feedback on compliance.
How will we work together?
During our first consultation, we will discuss your needs, and how I as an Advocacy can help. Some families only want a brief consultation for guidance. Others want someone to become a steady member of the IEP team and to attend meetings with them for a time.